Marketing Automation Platforms
The number of marketing automation platforms have exploded in the last several years and it is easy to see why. As a marketer, there are never enough marketing resources to manage the company’s customers, prospective customers and the pipeline. We are also on a journey to do more with less and increase efficiencies. Those of you looking into a system might be wondering where to start. My best advice is to do your homework and pick one this is the right size and suitable for your business needs. Questions? Give me a call and I will be happy to help.
Child Themes are a Best Practice for WordPress Websites
Build your WordPress Websites the right way from the start and you will save yourself a lot of headaches and stress by using child themes!
WordPress child themes inherit all the functionality, features, and the code of the parent theme without making any changes to the parent theme itself. A child theme allows you to change the styling of the parent theme and add/modify features without losing the ability to update the parent theme. Sounds cool right? It is!
Marketing Automation is the Marketing Buzzword these days.
But what is Marketing Automation and what does it mean? Why do you need it for your business?
You can compare it to when voicemail came out a long time ago. (Why do I need to leave a message? I can just call them back).
And then computers (I have paper, folders and notecards, I am good).
And then email (why can’t I just pick up the phone?).
Marketing Automation is the next technology that has developed to the point that it will enhance your business in many ways, including improving lead generation and follow-up and, ultimately, sales!
According to Marketo (one of the leaders in marketing automation): Marketing automation is a category of software that streamlines, automates, and measures marketing tasks and workflows so that companies like yours can increase operational efficiency and grow revenue faster.
Or you can take Hubspot’s definition: At its best, marketing automation is software and tactics that allow companies to buy and sell like Amazon – that is, to nurture prospects with highly personalized, useful content that helps convert prospects to customers and turn customers into delighted customers. This type of marketing automation typically generates significant new revenue for companies, and provides an excellent return on the investment required.
So now that you have a couple of definitions let me present you with some reasons why you need it and what’s in it for you.
Marketing Automation Software (when set up correctly) does the following:
- Gives you the power to easily send out messages to your customers that inspire delight. Show them you care and have empathy. Or get the feedback you need on your new product or service. (This type of thing is DIFFICULT to do in most companies!)
- A sale isn’t the end of your relationship with your customer. Companies tend to make the sale, pass it off and go on to the next sale. STOP & nurture the relationship. Imagine a world where the sale is the beginning and you actually keep in touch! Marketing Automation navigates the art of up-selling to your current customers.
- You need reporting that helps you with essential KPI’s! With infinite reporting capabilities on your side, you should be tracking everything to make sure that you’re investing your time in high-yield efforts only. Integrate a reporting system with your marketing automation efforts – from day one. Don’t wait. Pair systems (i.e. your analytics tools with your CRM) so that you can monitor data from multiple sources in one place.
- Leads. Do your leads fall through the cracks? With Marketing Automation, your leads will be automatically sent through the system and followed up on. This is CRUCIAL. I watch companies fail to act on leads every day. That is LOST $$.
- You will be more efficient. Marketing automation provides a streamlined automatic alternative to traditionally manual processes. Time and labor are reduced, therefore costs are reduced as well.
- Get Personal. Marketing Automation tools allow for tags, categories, lead scoring and personalization. Automatically send messages that are personal and matter.
I am in the process of testing Marketing Automation tools now. I have chosen one I really like, but there are many factors to consider when choosing the software.
My next post will cover tools, features, pricing and ratings. Stay tuned!